Re: build = OS Lion, host = mingw32, target = arm-linux-gnueabi

在 2011-8-30,下午9:04, Yann E. MORIN 写道:

> Peica, All,
>
> On Monday 29 August 2011 18:30:35 Peica wrote:
>> Like the subject shown, this config file suite to this canadian build.
>
> Thank you! :-)
> But I'd like to solve the few issues you worked around before I can add
> this sample to the collection:
>
>> And I have fix up something, which i am not sure if it is make sense to others.
>>
>> 1) Don't use parallel_jobs more than 1, or it would break the build.

The building of gcc would be break.

> What component would break with parallel jobs?
>
>> 2) Take care about the CT_CC_STATIC_LIBSTDCXX=y, it would be miss when
>> each time I run 'ct-ng menuconfig'.
>
> OK, I see why. The test we're doing for static linking is run on the
> build machine (Lion here), while it is applicable to the host machine
> (mingw32 here).
>
> So, the test for static linking is broken for users who want to generate
> canadian-crosses. Sigh... I am not sure how we should handle that...
>
> Static linking again... Hehe! :-]

At this time, I will paste it into .config again when I run ct-ng menuconfig.

>> 3) remove the --enable-watchdog from configure code at line 45 of
>> script/build/companion_libs/ppl.sh
>
> Why that? Were there a build failure of some sort?
>
> Not that I known whether it is required or not, just inquiring why you
> had to remove it, you're the first to report an issue with it…

I am not sure why, if enable it, the ppl compiling would be break. I don't get familiar with it.

>> 4) add #include <winsock2.h> into src/gdb6.8/gdb/ser-mingw.c before
>> '#include <windows.h>'.
>
> Is that a real issue upstream? What do more recent versions look like in
> this file?

I have check the gdb 7.2. It is same with 6.8. But it has not any problem.

>> This build is based on the crosstool-ng 1.12.1 and sorry about I don't
>> know how to make the patch for the maintainer.
>
> Have a look at:
>  docs/0 - Table of content.txt
>  docs/7 - Contributing to crosstool-NG.txt
>  docs/C - Misc. tutorials.txt
>
> Thank you for the report! We can work in cooperation to get patches,
> don't worry! :-)

It sounds great.

> Regards,
> Yann E. MORIN.
>
> --
> |  Yann E. MORIN  | Real-Time Embedded | /"\ ASCII RIBBON | Erics' conspiracy: |
> | +33 662 376 056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |
> | +33 223 225 172 `------------.-------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |
> | http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | _/*\_ | / \ HTML MAIL    |   v   conspiracy.  |
>
> --

Best wishes,