Re: Errors while crosscompiling a mips toolchain under OSX

Hello

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 22:33, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have a look here : http://uclibc.org/~kraj/toolchain-uclibc.sh
> that might help you understanding the process of building cross toolchains
> using uclibc.

It is quite clear to read and learn, thank you !

But why 3 steps? I thought that 2 were enought after reading
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/?part=1&chap=2

> if you have a mips cross toolchain configured with uclibc as C library
> it should suffice. You could use this toolchain then to compile gcc
> for target i.e. mips and resulting gcc should be able to run on the
> target.

Just wondering : don't I have to patch gcc to make it compile with uclibc?
(after some browsing I had that idea)

--
vCard: http://guylhem.tel