Re: How to enable multilib?

Xun, All,

[Please, do not top-post]

On Sunday 27 March 2011 20:28:30 Xun Li wrote:
> You are right I only need soft-float to be enabled so I would only
> need to compile the toolchain once.
> But I was not sure where to configure so that it will build with
> soft-float by default..Sorry for my newbe question.

Everyone was a newbie once. Don't apologise. ;-)

> Could you elaborate a little bit on how to build with soft-float?
> I was using the original version of crosstool since I was not aware
> there is a new one now!

I can't really help you with the original crosstool; it's been a while
since I've last used it (circa end of 2007 IIRC). The original crosstool
is also basically no longer maintain since about that same time.

In crosstool-NG, there is a user-friendly menuconfig (not unlike the
kernel menuconfig), and in there, there is an option to set use of
software floating point. You might find it easier to use crosstool-NG,
just give it a try.

Basically, crosstool-Ng is based off of the original crosstool, although
it supports a bit less architectures. But the build procedures have evolved
from the ones in crosstool (but after about 4 years, things may have
radically changed in some places).

Also, crostool-NG comes with a set of pre-configured sample toolchains.
To get a list of those toolchains, simply run:
  ct-ng list-samples

To use such a toolchain, run:
  ct-ng <name-of-tool-chain>

You also get a quite detailed documentation in the docs/ directory. And
there is online help as well:
  ct-ng help

HTH.

Regards,