Re: Tutorial

I was wondering if any progress has been made on this project? A quick
scan of the ct-ng website doesn't appear to contain any such tutorial
and

>> http://fturco.org/wiki/doku.php?id=debian:cross-compiler

is 404 already.

I was hoping to see more explanations of:

1) sysroot (what is it, what is it used for, how is it specified)
2) how one goes about building the various phases of compilers/C-libraries
3) and hopefully more on the subject of what happens after the tool is complete

For example:

1) I know that back when I was building my own cross compilers I would
sometimes end up in the situation where the final compiler and C
library were installed in, say, my $HOME directory. When I would build
and install a cross application on the target it would fail to run
because it was looking for the libraries in my $HOME directory (which
didn't exist on the target). I know that at the time I was eventually
able to figure out what was wrong and fix the problem, but I can't
even begin to remember what the problem was and how I fixed it.

2) I also know that there were times when I was cross compiling
applications for the target on my build machine that header files from
the build machine would interfere with my compile. So my compile would
end up erroneously using files from, say, my host's /usr/include
instead of the corresponding files from where my cross tools had been
installed. I don't think I ever got that one solved with 100%
confidence.

I realize ct-ng is only about the tool and not about building root
filesystems, but I was hoping these topics would be considered
relevant enough to be included on any such tutorial.