Re: Patches for crosscompiling on Mac OS X

Enrico, All,

On Sunday 07 November 2010 12:45:19 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> > Yes, basically, crosstool-NG creates shell wrappers in
> > ${CT_WORK_DIR}/tools/bin and you should see a file named 'sed' in there.
> Just a sidenote: perhaps it would be wise to use different names
> for them (eg. "crosstool-helper-sed" instead of just "sed"), so
> on such PATH problem we have an early crash instead of possibly
> wrong tools called.

The point is that they *do* get called.

For example, glibc calls 'sed' to call the GNU sed, and on BSD-like systems,
'sed' might not be compatible, while GNU sed is called 'gsed'. So, instead
of patching glibc (and all others!), we simply create a wrapper/symlink
'sed' -> 'gsed', put it early in the PATH, so that when calling 'sed', the
tools actually call 'gsed'.

Of course, this has no influence on systems where 'sed' is already GNU sed.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.