Re: fenv.h not found?

All,

On Wednesday 20 October 2010 08:15:18 Anthony Foiani wrote:
> So it seems that headers for libstdc++ get installed into the sysroot
> (where they are probably not needed), rather than in the cross-compile
> directory itself.

The issue is that:
- build a cross-toolchain
- use that cross-toolchain to build a full-blown system for your target
- use that cross-toolchain to build a native compiler (same version as in
  the cross-toolchain) to run on your target (which I call a cross-native,
  I'm ready to use a better name if you have one)
- you want that compiler to use the same C/C++ headers and libraries as the
  one from your cross-toolchain, or else you are in trouble.
So you want to be able to copy the sysroot to your target's rootfs and get
all that is needed to build natively on your target.

I understand "sysroot" as being the "system root" that holds all system
headers and libraries for the target. If it does not contain everything,
it becomes non-trivial to add native compiling on the target...

> Maybe it's actually a libstdc++ config issue, instead?

Well, libstdc++ is part of gcc, so I call that a gcc issue. ;-)

> Anyway, installing a symlink like so seems to do the trick:
> cd /opt/cross/platforms/foo/xtools/powerpc-e500v2-linux-gnuspe
> chmod u+w .
> ln -s sys-root/usr/include .
> chmod u-w

OK, I'll revert the gxx-include-dir hack.
Then the PREFIX/TARGET/include symlink will go, so gcc is free to install
its stuff in there.

I want this issue to be resolved before next release.
Can we come to an agreement that the above is the way to go?

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.