Re: fenv.h not found?

Greetings, Bryan --

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Bryan Hundven <bryanhundven@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got the same problem after rebuilding. This is related to the "c++
> includes not getting searched for correctly?" thread.

It might be related to it, but as I pointed out, I can't compile that
as a regular C program, either.  So it's not just C++ includes.  Maybe
we should start calling it the "GCC includes problem?"  :)

> As Arnaud has said, the "--with-gxx-include-dir" option is not correct
> and does not solve the problem.
>
> As I have mentioned, I think that creating and removing the
> ${CT_SYSROOT_DIR}/include symlink is also wrong and suggestive that we
> are forced to create this because we are making a mistake somewhere
> else (binutils? gcc_static/shared_core? libc-startfiles?) and we
> should fix that problem first. I believe that if we can solve that
> problem, the c++ headers issue will go away.

Given that someone (Arnaud?) already traced through the build log and
saw the eglibc "fenv.h" get overwritten by the GCC version, it seems
most likely to be somewhere in the GCC portion of things, presumably
when the final compiler is installed.

I know I got confused when I was looking at the issue before: he's
correct that the host include files need not (and, arguably, should
not) be present in the target sys-root, but I know we do need to have
the host libraries (libgcc, libstdc++) in the target sys-root.

> I will focus on this issue today, and will have some updates later.

Thanks for looking into this.  I'll continue to poke at it as well.

Regards,
Tony