Re: How to pass gcc extra configs with special character to ct-ng

Johannes, Chih-Min, All,

On Tuesday 24 August 2010 16:59:30 Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > --with-specs is not a valid, recognised option. So in this case, I'm not sure
> > how ./configure treats it. It seems it tries to assign the right-hand part
> > (after the '=' ) to the variable whose name in on the left-hand part (before
> > the '=' ).
> Maybe you need to add a new CT_CC_CORE_EXTRA_SPECS which uses
> quoting, e.g.

The issue is not quoting here. It's the fact that '--wih-specs' is not an
option recognised bu ./configure. At least, it is not documented in the
gcc manual I pointed previously, and I could not see any reference to this
option in any of the gcc 22 configure scripts.

The only place I've been able to see --with-specs=foobar is in conjunction
with the CodeSourcery toolchains, and it looks like this option is their
own 'invention'.

> in scripts/build/cc/gcc.sh
>
>          --disable-nls                               \
>          --enable-symvers=gnu                        \
>          --enable-languages="${lang_opt}"            \
>          ${CT_CC_CORE_EXTRA_CONFIG}
> +        "${CT_CC_CORE_EXTRA_SPECS}"
>
> Apparently it does not work to type the quotes into
> CT_CC_CORE_EXTRA_CONFIG in menuconfig.

No, it does not.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.