Re: powerpc build failing with "ld: -lgcc not found"

Roland, All,

On Monday 23 August 2010 08:11:58 Roland Schwarz wrote:
> I am still hoping for someone to help in this case.
>
> Since this is one of the example builds, that are contained
> in the ct-ng script, can someone else please try to run
> this setup and either confirm my findings or tell me what
> I might be doing wrong?
>
> The build is marked as working on the homepage,
> but there is no indication of the host environment. Can it
> be the case that I am on a different one? I am using
> x_86.

Well, I'm on x86_64, and it definitely works. As Andreas suggests,
this issue might be limited to building on i386...
And as PPC is not something I use, I can only mostly rely on external
contribs... :-/

When comparing a ARM toolchain and a powerpc one, I noticed that the
ARM toolchain had a linker script in:
./armeb-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/armeb-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/...
.../sys-root/lib/libgcc_s.so

which is missing in the PPC case.

I'll look a bit deeper into this a bit later today (maybe not before
tonight, though...) I'm setting up a 32-bit env here, and will see
if I can get some more insight on the problem...

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.