Re: ct-ng: CLooG link failure in canadian-cross context

Esben, Bernhard, All,

On Wednesday 28 July 2010 16:18:57 Esben Haabendal wrote:
> > [ALL  ]    /bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CC --mode=link
[--SNIP--]
> Why is libtool being called with --tag=CC and not --tag=CXX when it is
> used to link C++ code?

Bah... You know the answer: autostuff... :-/

> Maybe crosstool-ng should "build" a cross libtool companion when doing
> canadian cross?  (see http://www.metastatic.org/text/libtool.html)

> Or even better (for me), allow environment to provide values for setting
> LIBTOOL env variable to something else when doing cross
> compilation/linking than when compiling/linking for build host.  And for
> canadian, we actually need to be allowed to specify 3 different libtool
> commands to run.  Of-course, a sane default would be too let
> LIBTOOL=libtool for build host, LIBTOOL=$CT_HOST_PREFIX-libtool for host
> and LIBTOOL=$CT_TARGET_PREFIX-libtool for target.

Well, well, well... I am a bit uneasy to delve into the libtool stuff,
as I don't master that... If you can come up with a patch, then I'd be
glad to look at it. But make it post-1.8.0, which should come in the WE.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.