Re: Fw: Error while cross-compiling for PPC64 on x86(host)

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 1:16 AM, Somnath kotur <somjk@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I tried another approach wherein i changed the binutils to 2.16.1 ( a previously working version) the gcc version to 4.1.2 , compilation et al goes through fine. I then compile my helloworld.ko against the 2.6.32.9.-05 kernel hdrs( that i obtained from my PPC M/C itself) and this time when i tried to 'insmod' this cross-compiled driver on the PPC M/C i get an error saying :
> hello: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout
>
> Could anyone pls help me resolve this problem?

This is a kernel build issue. Your kernel is configured to check for
various setting to ensure it can use a module you ask it to load. You
failed to provide these information. My guess is that your kernel root
directory is missing the Modules.symvers file, generated during the
kernel build.

For code reference, see kernel/module.c:check_version().

 - Arnaud