Re: -mfloat-abi=softfp

On 4/27/10, ng@piments.com <ng@piments.com> wrote:
>  So now  I've put
>   LIBC_GLIBC_EXTRA_CFLAGS= -mfpu=maverick -mfloat-abi=softfp  -mcpu=ep9312
>
>  It's throwing ICE in glibc.:
>
>  [ALL  ]    ibm420.c:1: warning: switch -mcpu=ep9312 conflicts with -march=
> switch
>  [ALL  ]    ../iconv/skeleton.c: In function 'gconv':
>  [ERROR]    ../iconv/skeleton.c:801: internal compiler error: Segmentation
> fault
>  [ALL  ]    Please submit a full bug report,
>  [ALL  ]    with preprocessed source if appropriate.

ICE is a bug in the GCC that you are using to build the cross-compiler
- the "core compiler" - in this case, the output of your stage1
compilation. "Segmentation fault" is pretty severe :(
To investigate further where it is segfaulting you can run the one
specific command under gdb. I the core compiler is built using the
system glibc, so it shouldn't be a bug in the glibc patches. For what
it's worth, I've used the native gcc-4.3-crunch to build glibc again.
natively).

Another strategy you could use is to build gcc-4.2, which runs faster,
uses less memory to compile things and produces smaller and faster
code than gcc-4.3 (yes, really!)

>   warning: switch -mcpu=ep9312 conflicts with -march= switch
>  I have left -mcpu -mtune empty in menuconfig giving just -march=armv4t

-march=ep9312 should be what you need, but I doubt that will fix the ICE.