Crosstool-ng always starts from the top

Hi all,
Is there a way to convince crosstool-ng to pick up where it left off? I've got a situation where some misconfigured options caused crosstool to fail to build gcc (arm-cortex-eabi target; GCC was to be configured using --with-cpu=cortex-m3 -- this fails because the "CPU does not support ARM mode").

The upshot is that I have to run `ct-ng menuconfig` again, and tweak the options for gcc and run it again. This is fine, but when I run `ct-ng build`, it starts right from scratch again building GMP, MPFR, PPL, Cloog and binutils... which all should be identical to before, and shouldn't need rebuilding.

Is there a reason why the builder can't just assume (or be convinced to assume) those components are already built and resume at the last component where the failure occurred?

Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)      .'''.
Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs Developer  '.'` :
http://dev.gentoo.org/~redhatter             :.'

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.