Re: ncurses tic

Trevor, All,

On Tuesday 16 March 2010 21:28:13 Trevor Woerner wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Trevor Woerner <twoerner@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I installed Debian 5 into a VirtualBox instance to see how that would
> > go so I'd have something to compare to. That build is still chugging
> > along.
> That succeeded.

Hopefully it did! That's the machine I'm using! :-)

> > I've applied your patch and will let you know how that goes.
> Your patch on my openSuSE box also worked.

OK, thank you for the test. I'll devise an evil plan to fix this.
And my evil plan is... (Tada!)... Keep the patch!

> If the tuple is the problem, then building and using my own native gcc
> (with a standard tuple) should also fix the problem.

Yes, that's what should be done. I was too conservative when I did
differentiate --build and --host. tic will _always_ be run on the
build machine, so no need to handle canadian/native/...

Thanks for the reporting and the tests! :-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.