Re: Convert file .config

Titus, All,

On Wednesday 03 March 2010 14:09:56 Titus von Boxberg wrote:
> Am 03.03.2010 um 09:31 schrieb Yann E. MORIN:
> > Regarding the port to MacOS-X, I still have the patches lying around on
> > my disk. I am not completely happy with those, and I need to think about
> > that a bit more in detail before I push them upstream. This takes a bit
> > of time as I have a lot of other stuff to do (not necessarily about
> > crosstool-NG).
> as I said: I will rework the patches; notify me if you have further
> concerns.
> But I have had no time yet, and that might continue the next weeks.

No problem! We all get busy with real life! :-)

> Updating the patches also requires from my point of view that there
> is a common sense of the nogo items stat and readlink which to find
> is still open (see my last email about that).

Yes. The fact is that I tend to be conservative with respect to the
needed tools. For example, I know for sure that readlink from GNU
coreutils does work. I know that there are other variants (the first
to come to mind is busybox, which does not have support for -m).

On the other hand, I do not have the same system as yours (Mac OS-X
and/or *BSD) and I can not test there. Because I *knew* there woould be
issues on those systems, I may have been too conservative when checking.

If what we require is described in POSIX [1] then no need to check.
If it is not, or is known to behave differently, then we have to check.

Please, re-spin your patches when you are statisfied with them. I'll
work with that.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

[1] http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/toc.htm