Sample Questions and s390/s390x status

I have noticed that there are a number of paths in the configuration. Some I have tailored for my purposes. What is the expectation with regards to these settings in the sample configs? I would prefer to get this right rather than having to redo the patches to satisfy an undocumented expectation.

Suggestion for Yann, a section in the overview.txt on what should or should not be set in the samples with regard to the environment would be good. How should the tarball directory or prefix, etc., be set for a sample to be acceptable.

I spent a fair amount of time yesterday backing out the suggested config settings. Each toolchain build takes about 35 minutes on my machine, so this is time consuming. The good news is that they run perfectly fine. TLS was detected. Threads were properly built. Default optimization worked. Binutils cross tool supports 32 and 64 bit ELFS. All of the source is still unpatched, not having applied the supplied patches. I have yet to change the variable settings in s390[x].sh as suggested. That is for this morning.

On the next set of patches:
Yann, it would really be easier for me to submit both architectures and samples as one patch. Are you willing to accept these changes that way? That would eliminate the need to go through the patch build exercise multiple times and eliminate the "clean" issue with s390. Just asking.

On the glibc configuration issue I first encountered:
So far this has not reappeared. I supplied a fresh install directory and it did not happen. Based upon Mike's input, I suspect it only happens on a fresh install when there is nothing left over from a previous build. There is also no answer to why by glibc patch appeared to get past the issue. I am going to try building with an empty target directory to see if this reproduces the problem. I really want to be confident this issue does not hit someone who attempts to build one of these toolchains with crosstool-ng the first time.

Thanks,
Harold Grovesteen