Re: [crosstool-ng] Build error in GMP on .libs/libmp.ver

Le Thu, 6 Aug 2009 14:28:24 +0200,
"Yann E. MORIN" <yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr> a Ãcrit :

> Seems like the following:
> http://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/2009-07/msg00051.html
>
> Seems like ash again uncovered some bashisms in GMP, although it
> works OK for me when /bin/sh points to ash (or dash).
>
> Could you re-configure, setting "Shell to use as CONFIG_SHELL" to
> "bash" ?

It indeed fixed the issue. Thanks for the idea.

Since it's probably going to be a very common issue: I left the default
value for "Shell to use as CONFIG_SHELL" and I'm using an Ubuntu
distribution which uses dash as /bin/sh. These two things are pretty
common these days I would say :-)

Maybe "Shell to use as CONFIG_SHELL" should default to bash, or a
warning should be displayed at compile time if /bin/sh is ash or dash ?

Thanks again for the quick answer,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons