strange timing behaviour

Hello,

I've been using a MIPS toolchain that I build using crosstool-ng for sometime now.?
The toolchain worked great until just recently when we discovered that when we move a certain function around to different files in the source tree we get large delays (~few milli seconds) between the call to the function and its execution.? When the function is placed in some files there is no problem while in other files there is the large delay. ?This only happen when we compile with g++, with gcc there is no problem (our code is pure C but for various reasons we are required to compile it with g++)

Any ideas as to what could be causing this and how to further investigate it?

Thanks,
Amir