Re: 32-bit versus 64-bit android toolchain?

On Thu, 21 May 2009, Yann E. MORIN wrote:

> Robert,
> All,
>
> On Thursday 21 May 2009 13:07:37 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   a short followup on this post -- the ARM toolchain i'm talking about
> > is downloadable from here:
> >   http://www.embinux.com/download_toolchain.php
> [--SNIP--]
> >   has anyone gone to the trouble of creating an equivalent toolchain
> > using crosstool-ng?  if i get the time, i'll try it but i was
> > wondering if anyone else has been there already?
>
> It's absolutely feasible, of course! I'm using a BeagleBoard too, and I
> managed to build a functional toolchain targeting Cortex-A8 (not sure about
> NEON, though). I don't have the .config at hand, but the attached one is
> a good start.

  thanks.  can you keep me up-to-date on any improvements to the
toolchain build for the beagle?  i'm documenting my adventures on the
beagle here:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/BeagleBoard

in case anyone's interested.  what i found is that there's *lots* of
BB info out there, but it's annoyingly scattered, so i figured i'd
start putting it in one place for beginners.  right now, i'm trying to
document the various toolchains available.

rday

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday