Re: autoconf, -rpath-link, and CC_FOR_BUILD

On Thursday 19 March 2009 15:02:46 David Wuertele wrote:
> CC_FOR_BUILD is the variable formerly known as "HOST_CC".  This is not the
> cross compiler, it is the host's compiler, and it MUST NOT search in
> /path/to/target-root/lib.  So sending -L/path/to/target-root/lib is wrong,
> and -rpath-link=/path/to/target-root/lib is worse.  What I want is a way to
> send just the cross-ld the target path, and not send the host ld the target
> path.

CC_FOR_BUILD is not an autotool convention.  it's specific to whatever package
actually respects it (i wish it were actually standardized).  whatever package
you're working with should not add any target build flags to the CC_FOR_BUILD
steps.  if it does, it's broken, and you need to report the issue to the
maintainer.  instead, there should be new vars "BUILD_CFLAGS" and
"BUILD_LDFLAGS" and such.
-mike