Re: native builds

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> post the exact commands you're running
>
> "native" is not a machine type ...

Oh, sorry. Yes of course.

I forgot to mention I am talking about toolset-ng scripts.

I am using the

ct-ng menuconfig

front-end which ends up in a configuration variable:
CT_TOOLCHAIN_TYPE="native"

The feature (native builds) is marked "experimental" and
"no code". So I am just wondering if this indicates that
the code just has not yet been written.

Then I am unsure if I need a "cross-compiler" or a "native-compiler"
for my case. Basically I want to set up several compilers that
are able to target several versions of linux & several versions
of glibc while running on the same host.

Is it possible to have "build==host!=target" where target
only differs in glibc/linux-headers ?

Would I even need a cross compiler?