ct-ng x86_64-host, but want ia32 binaries

I guess this is a candian-cross, but I am hoping this is a easy case.
My build system is x86_64
My host system is x86_64, but I want to treat as ia32/i686 in case I need to move them to new server
My targets will be i686 and x86_64.

I see CT_CFLAGS_FOR_HOST being use in the core-gcc build, but I didn't see a way set this via menuconfig.
I did try to edit crosstool-NG.sh and change where it initializes this and try initializing this to -m32 to see if I get lucky, but I don't get past GMP configure.

Anybody got a better way with ct-ng or am I going to have to do a full candian-cross.

In the past (scripting days), I could just force --host to something i386.