Re: crosstool-ng: where is a strategic place to tell crosstool-ng that sed should be gsed?

Hi all,

sorry I'm coming so late ...

Thomas Jourdan wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I have the same issue on solaris, with the install utility. By default,
> install points to the SunOS install command. But the GNU install from
> coreutils is available as ginstall (and required by ct-ng).
>
> I did the trick from Yann (with the function) and it works well.
>
> Which applications could the user specify to the configure script ? So
> far are identified :
> awk
> sed
> install
> make ?

An alternative approach would be to have some specific directory, say
"/bin-override", that contains (symbolic links to) the GNU binaries
using the standard names ("awk", ...).
If you then have this directory in your PATH before "/bin", at least
when doing crosstool work, the GNU binaries should be found.

This is not the perfect solution, because it requires some non-standard
machine setup, but IMO it should work without modifying crosstool (or
any other software which needs GNU features without checking for GNU
binaries).

Later, you can remove these binaries from "/bin-override" one by one as
"configure" gets the handling added.

Regards,
Jörg

--