Re: powerpc 860 and glibc sysdeps/powerpc/power3/memset.S: CPU15 ?"dcbX" errata

Hey!

On Thursday 23 October 2008 22:43:02 Nye Liu wrote:
> That is exactly the approach i was taking, but the current svn trunk is broken
> for save config when i was debugging my case statement:
[--SNIP--]
> The fix is probably something like:

Arrggh. Yes. Thank you!

> I assume the glibc bloatware developer approved way might be to actually detect
> the appropriate version of the running ppc cpu at runtime, in memset.S!

Eeek! :-(

> BTW i am having a tough time finding an efficient workflow for testing
> patches... is there a target to simply untar a fresh code tarball into
> target/src and apply all the patches, then stop?

Nope... I was thinking about it recently, but could not come up with a
satisfying solution... What I usually do is:
 Put the patches in the appropriate patches/foobar/version directory
 rm -rf target/src/foobar-version
 ct-ng build
 Ctrl-C when extraction is done, and check the result...

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |