Re: [update] crosstool-0.44

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Jeff Gray
<jeffg@magellan-technology.com> wrote:

>  Hi Deepak,
>
>  Thanks - that was an easy fix. I managed to get further along the build
> until this:
>
>  mawk -f scripts/gen-sorted.awk \
>                 -v subdirs='csu assert ctype locale intl catgets math setjmp
> signal stdlib stdio-common libio malloc string wcsmbs time dirent grp pwd
> posix io termios resource misc socket sysvipc gmon gnulib iconv iconvdata
> wctype manual shadow po argp crypt nss localedata timezone rt conform debug
> dlfcn elf' \
>                 -v srcpfx='' \
>                 nptl/sysdeps/pthread/Subdirs sysdeps/unix/inet/Subdirs
> sysdeps/unix/Subdirs assert/Depend intl/Depend catgets/Depend stdlib/Depend
> stdio-common/Depend libio/Depend malloc/Depend string/Depend wcsmbs/Depend
> time/Depend posix/Depend iconvdata/Depend nss/Depend localedata/Depend
> rt/Depend debug/Depend >
> /usr/local/crosstool/build/arm-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-4.2.2-glibc-2.7/build-glibc-headers/sysd-sorted-tmp
>  mawk: scripts/gen-sorted.awk: line 19: regular expression compile failed
> (bad class -- [], [^] or [)
>  /[^
>  mawk: scripts/gen-sorted.awk: line 19: syntax error at or near ]
>  mawk: scripts/gen-sorted.awk: line 19: runaway regular expression /, "",
> subd ...
>  make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/local/crosstool-0.44-dbtest/build/arm-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-4.2.2-glibc-2.7/glibc-2.7'
>
>  My Ubuntu Linux system is running mawk 1.3.3-11, the current update from
> them.
>
>  Is this error familiar at all?
>
>  Hopefully my feedback will help you get things right for the final release.
> But I know there are so many system variations, especially with an
> application like this.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Jeff
>

>  Deepak Barua wrote:
>  On 4/17/08, Jeff Gray <jeffg@magellan-technology.com> wrote:
>

>  Hi Deepak,
>
> I have downloaded your test version 0.44 of crosstool. I have not
> modified any of the files. My top level is /usr/local/crosstool/
>
> On a Ubuntu Linux system, I run ./demo-arm-dbtest.sh and get the
> following error message after a lot of the parts have been built:
>
> ===========
>
> glibc-ports-2.7/sysdeps/z8000/sub_n.s
> applying patch
> /usr/local/crosstool/patches/glibc-ports-2.7/glibc-ports-2.7.arm.patch
> can't find file to patch at input line 4
> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |diff -urN
> ./glibc-ports-2.7.orig/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/nptl/sysdep-cancel.h
> ./glibc-ports-2.7.mine/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/nptl/sysdep-cancel.h
> |---
> ./glibc-ports-2.7.orig/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/nptl/sysdep-cancel.h
> 2007-06-06 22:57:04.000000000 +0530
> |+++
> [...]

Hi Jeff,
             No this is new to me i am not aware of this bug .... i
used GNU Awk 3.1.5 on my gutsy gibbon x86_64 ubuntu laptop .... so i
think maybe you should try using GNU Awk .....

Tell me what happens...?
To my knowledge i have not modified any AWK code ....

And i just recently compiled this ARM toolchain today morning as i am
working on some toolchain testing issues ...

Let me know what happens .... this seems to be a syntax difference ...
Yeah i talked to dan regarding this it seems there are small but
significant differences b/w mawk and gnu awk which can be resolved
with patches ... but hey i think it might be better to use GNU Awk ...
standard .... :)
And could you please cc to the crossgcc mailing list so everybody can
benefit from your usage experience ....?
Just a request ...
Nice to have you onboard ....
I have some more interesting bugs which you can see after you
installed the toolchain...
this is my site with the project details ...
http://dbbarua.googlepages.com/crosstool

Regards
Deepak

--