RE: Couldn' build cross compiler: C compiler cannot create

On 15 February 2008 02:48, ariga masahiro wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Previous mail was my first mail to this mailing-list,
> on suspicion of having failed to send previous mail correctly
> (there's no echo mail),
> please allow me to send the same mail once again.
> Soryy if it was redundant.
> Also I beseech you again to help me.

  We are hearing you loud and clear.  Sorry for not responding but I did not
have an immediate idea about your problem.

> checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
> compiler
>  cannot create executables
> See `config.log' for more details.
> make[1]: *** [configure-target-libssp] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build/build_gcc'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> make: Leaving directory `/tmp/build/build_gcc'
>
> I searched among many config.logs and found that
> /tmp/build/build_gcc/sh-elf/m2a/libssp/config.log
> contained above error message.

  It might work to add "--disable-libssp" to the gcc configure command.

> I also noticed other config.logs relating to  each libssp directories
> contained error messages like next.
> ---
> conftest.c:2: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before
> 'me'
> configure:2749: $? = 1
> configure: failed program was:
>> #ifndef __cplusplus
>>   choke me
>> #endif
>
> configure:2893: checking for style of include used by make
> conftest.c:11:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
> configure:3256: $? = 1
> configure: failed program was:
>> /* confdefs.h.  */
> ---

  These ones are ok.  It is part of the normal operation of configure scripts
that they create many simple .c test files and compile them with the system
compiler to see what happens and adjust the configuration to account for it.
You only need worry about the failures like the first one, that are flagged up
during a configure and build.

    cheers,
      DaveK