Using gcc without C librairies

Hi,

I would like to use gcc to cross-compile C language applications to
bare metal MIPS, ARM or PPC targets.
Those applications does not use any function provided with the usual C
libraries (no printf, nor memcpy etc...).
We just wanna use the cross-compiler as a single C syntax interpreter.
In case the compiler meets a call to an undefined function, we could
assume it just warns us.
Usually, we don not eed to link C libraries to our target applications.

Does gcc allow us to use such a configuration?
If it does not, do we have to downsize ourself a usual library
(assuming it is permitted to modify it)?

thk u all,

julian