How to build cross toolchain for ARM with iWMMXt/NPTL/EABI?

Hi,

using crosstool I've built a cross toolchain for Intel PXA270 (Xscale ARM core). The toolchain was configured for hard-float (FPA) and NWFPE was enabled in the kernel. The host was i386, a PC.

Now I want to use iWMMXt opcodes in programs. As I understand, iWMMXt and hard-float (FPA) instructions use the same opcodes, so I need a cross toolchain with soft float support. I plan to rebuild userland completely with that toolchain.

I read that nowadays the way to go is to build for the ARM EABI and the target is "arm-iwmmxt-linux-gnueabi".

How do I build a cross toolchain for this target? Crosstool doesn't come with support for the above target. It supports only the following arm related targets:
arm-iwmmxt.dat: TARGET=arm-iwmmxt-linux-gnu
arm-softfloat.dat: TARGET=arm-softfloat-linux-gnu
arm-xscale.dat:2: TARGET=arm-xscale-linux-gnu

None of them seems appropriate (crosstools' arm-iwmmxt and
arm-softloat targets do not support gcc-4.x, and arm-xscale says nothing
about soft floats, EABI or iwmmxt support).

People on this list are talking about arm-iwmmxt-linux-gnueabi in the context of patched versions of crosstool but I failed to find enough information to put it to good use. What I found was that there seems to be a separate development branch for crosstool: crosstool-ng. Still the "new" version of crosstool does not support that target. I am confused.

What is the current recommendation on how to build a cross toolchain configured for arm-iwmmxt-linux-gnueabi, especially with crosstool? Is there a repository for crosstool patches?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers
Daniel