Re: Benchmarking for toolchain

2007/8/9, Acharya Partha <partha_acharya@yahoo.com>:
> I built a toolhain with gcc-4.1.2 ,
> binutils-2.17,glibc-2.5  with linux-kernel headers of
> 2.6.20 for an ARM-11 target , I like to know how to
> benchmark this toolchain or is there any benchmarking
> open source tool  available  for this.

Google: open source benchmark
should turn up something. Try seeking "lmbench" "dhrystone" and
"bogomips" for some things.
fftw also perform system/compiler comparitive tests for heavily
floating-point-intensive work.

But I think first you need to decide what you actually want to
measure, and what you want to compare with what.