Re: building a gcc cross compiler

Dan Kegel wrote:
Sounds like a good entry for
http://kegel.com/crosstool/current/doc/crosstool-howto.html#cygwin
Thanks for letting us know what the problem was!

Proposed text:
Q. When I edit demo-sh4.sh with wordpad, it doesn't run any more in cygwin.
A. Don't do that :-)

On the RTEMS side of the world, we have seen some problems not
mentioned in that section.  I am just throwing them out in case
someone ever runs into them:

+ Environment variables set for Visual Studio or other
environments.  Do an env and if you see variables like
LIB, CC, etc then you might have trouble.

+ a PATH with Windows directories in it.  The directories
may have spaces in their name or the names of executables
from windows may be in your path ahead of the Cygwin ones.
This will break the build process in new and interesting ways.

+ Remote filesystems versus local NTFS versus local FAT
can sometimes make a difference.

I am sure there are lots of others but those have nailed
RTEMS users over and over. :)

--joel