Re: another proposed crosstool project

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

 for
instance, the toolchain would be hardcoded to be "sysroot"ed since
that's just plain better than *not* being sysrooted.

That wouldn't work for me.

The x-tools that I build are used for projects and the tools
have to be put in accessible places on the network, and used
by those projects in consistent ways. For example,
/ws/sysfw-tools/...

But if you think that works for you, have at it. Just understand
that because of that, and probably because of not downloading
all the packages needed, it won't have all that much generic
use. And I can't imagine that there's just one set of option
choices that work in all cases.

KISS is good. Unfortunately, it's just not that simple
of a process to support all the variants of hosts and
targets.

-David