mini-ct: installing the glibc headers

  here's the first stage that i definitely need some advice on these
days.  i'd like to build my toolchain with NPTL and bypass
linuxthreads entirely.  first, is it feasible to use glibc-2.5?  from
what i can tell, it has the NPTL add-on built right in.  so my first
attempt at configuring, building and installing the glibc headers
would look something like this:

        CC=gcc \
        ${GLIBC_SRC_DIR}/configure \
                --build=${HOST} \
                --host=${TARGET} \
                --prefix=/usr \
                --disable-sanity-checks \
                --without-cvs \
                --with-__thread \
                --with-headers=${HEADERS_DIR} \
                --enable-add-ons=nptl

        make \
                cross_compiling=yes \
                install_root=${SYSROOT_DIR} \
                CFLAGS=-DBOOTSTRAP_GCC \
                install-headers

#
#  A couple final header fixes that still appear necessary.
#

        cp ./bits/stdio_lim.h ${HEADERS_DIR}/bits
        touch ${HEADERS_DIR}/gnu/stubs.h

  that's after applying all of the necessary patches that i'd have to
figure out based on what's there from glibc-2.3.6.  does the above
look generally sane for this stage?  are there any variations i should
know about?  thanks.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA