Re: Trying to get crosstool-0.43 to work on Solaris 9

Alexander Skwar wrote:
 David Kahn <dmkahn@gmail.com>:

Are you also building glibc? There's a couple more patches
you may need if you are. Search for my old posts to find them.

Are you referring to http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gcc.cross-compiling/8396/match=glibc ie. http://www.flex.com/~dmk/glibc-2.3.2-allow-solaris.patch and http://www.flex.com/~dmk/glibc-2.3.2-allow-solaris-Makeconfig.patch?

Yes. That was my "community give back". :) I wasn't necessarily the first one to find all this stuff, but I tried to document what I had to do for sparc-solaris9 -> ppc-elf-linux Since it didn't work with crosstools-0.42 "out of the box".

How do I apply those patches? I mean, I know how to apply patches manually, but what needs to be done to have those patches be applied during a crosstool compile?

I think you should be able to just drop them into crosstool's patches directory after the 1 time download is done. That's what the directory is for .. patches that need to be applied to work with crosstools.

If you're building something later than glibc-2.3.2,
you have to adjust, probably manually. Then you can
give them back to the community if they haven't already
been pulled into the real source base.

At least if you hit the same problems I did, you will
have a good idea of what to look for.

-David