Re: More ARM binutils fuckage

On 12/5/06, Russell King <rmk+lkml@arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
There's not much to say about this, other than scream and go hide in the
corner.  ARM toolchains are just basically fscked.

And while we're on the topic of ARM linux toolchain fsckage, it would be nice to know what patches and incantations are currently recommended when configuring gcc for building various modern ARM kernel/ABI configurations (OABI + soft VFP, EABI, etc.).

There has been some discussion on the crossgcc mailing list,
especially around recent compilers and NPTL/TLS, and crosstool has
accumulated some of the relevant patches.  If an expert (i. e.,
someone who has built their own toolchain and gotten an ARM EABI/NPTL
system all the way up) were to reply to this message with some
details, we might be able to coax chip vendors off of hard-float
gcc-3.3/glibc-2.3.x/linuxthreads toolchains.

Cheers,
- Michael