Re: Crosstool question and website

On 7/21/06, David A. Braun <braun@research.panasonic.com> wrote:
 The links to Bill Gatliff's website are all broken - apparently he's
updated his website and most of the crossgcc stuff is gone or moved.

Yeah. He's too busy to maintain it.

 I downloaded your latest version of crosstool and Grant Likely's patch for
the ep9312 (provides Maverick support).

 With one small patch for linux-2.6.8/scripts/kconfig/mconf.c I got to the
point where the testhello.sh script was executed. This fails with an error
claiming that PATH_MAX is undefined as follows

+
/opt/crosstool/gcc-3.4.2-glibc-2.3.3/arm-ep9312-linux-gnu/bin/arm-ep9312-linux-gnu-gcc
-static hello.c -o arm-ep9312-linux-gnu-hello-static
 hello.c: In function `main':
 hello.c:4: error: `PATH_MAX' undeclared (first use in this function)

That means you're missing a patch. Copy patches/gcc-3.4.1/fix-fixincl.patch to patches/gcc-3.4.2 and you should be fine.

 BTW - what is the relationship between your crosstool and the crossgcc
stuff at the redhat site? (actually I can't figure out what's up with
crossgcc - has it been taken over by someone other than Bill Gatliff?)

redhat's crossgcc mailing list is independent of my stuff, but I recommend that list for all crosstool discussion.

 Oh - the mconf.c problem - I also ran into a problem with linux-2.6.8 -
your scripts prepare the kernel headers by invoking make to configure the
kernel which in turn try to compile scripts/kconfig/mconf.c with the native
compiler (gcc (GCC) 4.0.0 20050519 (Red Hat 4.0.0-8)) (phew!)
 There is a variable, current_menu, declared extern in lkc.h and static in
mconf.c. The native compiler claims this is an error. My guess is that older
compilers let this pass or the -Wall flag changed. In any case I patched out
the static declaration and got past this problem. Again, I don't know if
this is the right solution.

Go ahead and post the patch to the crossgcc list. Thanks, Dan

-- Wine for Windows ISVs: http://kegel.com/wine/isv