Re: i saw you web ,it gave me many helps thank u ~~~~~~~~~

On 7/18/06, ju zheng <juranjun@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/17/06, ju zheng <juranjun@gmail.com> wrote:
> > hello  i am a student from china .now i have to use a wireless
> > network card on my armv4 .but the driver i found must run
> > on gcc3.2.2 i think .because it run well on my friend's board
> > which use gcc 3.2.2 .but mine is 2.95.3 .it has parse error when
> > run ...
> Use any crosstool with gcc-3.3.x, the glibc version and kernel
> version don't matter.  Then when building the driver,
> point it explicitly at *your* kernel source tree with -I.
> Good luck... please send further questions to crossgcc@sourceware.org.
thanks .i have used the crosstool to build successful on fc5.
gcc-3.3.6
cgcc-2.95.3
glibc-2.2.2
binutils-2.15
linux-2.4.26
hdrs-2.6.12.0

Glad to hear the compiler built. Do your drivers build now?

i have tried others .but many of them were fail . i don't know why .
if i use the 2.6 kernel .it says oldconfig error .my pc run on fc5 .

Did you see the matrix of known good combinations at http://kegel.com/crosstool/current/buildlogs/ ? That records which combinations worked for me, and what errors were found for the combinations which failed.

could i only complied gcc if i only complied the drivers?

If you only want to compile kernel code, you don't need glibc. (Well, you need *some* C library, but which one doesn't matter, I think. The one called 'newlib' is often a good choice as it is simple and meant to be used without an operating system. But I'm no expert, your milage may vary.) - Dan