Re: dejaGNU testsuite files for 2.95.3 20010315 (release)

J.J.Garcia wrote:
I'm messed with this, anyway i don't understand why the 2.95.3 doesn't have a
testsuite folder within.

Because gcc had no official testsuite at that time, so obviously, there was no testsuite folder (directory).

We did have a package called c-torture that was released separately from gcc, which included the beginnings of a regression testsuite. It was eventually added to gcc after resolving some copyright issues, and formed the core of what is now the gcc testsuite. You might be able to find a 8 year old copy if you google for it. I don't know offhand where to find a copy. It is an oversight that we didn't archive a copy of it on our ftp server.

There was a period during which c-torture was in the FSF GCC development tree, but not part of the gcc releases. I suspect gcc-2.95 was during this period. The cvs/svn tree might be a little confused during this period, as the testsuite dir might be on mainline, but not on release branches. Or it might be on release branches but not in release tarballs.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com