Re: iWMMXt Linux EABI cross toolchain

--- Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 01 March 2006 22:34, Steven Newbury wrote:
> > --- Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:

> > > sometimes gcc does provide the crt[in].o files, but that depends on the
> > > target
> >
> > This is the impression I got from the source.  Though I couldn't tell
> > if/why/when it is built. So I suppose the question is, should this target
> > have gcc build crti.o? This is actually what originally led me to try
> > adding new xscale-*linux-gnueabi targets throughout the toolchain...
>
> ive never played with an eabi target, but i'm fairly certain the answer is
> no,
> gcc should not be providing the crt[in].o files
>
> looks to me like you didnt run configure with --disable-shared for the first
> pass gcc compiler
The first pass is ok.  I've built a stage1 compiler, it's the second gcc pass
that's needing/missing crti.o.  I'm now having a problem building a partial
glibc (without threads etc) in order provide the crt*.o files (see my other
posts).  As far as I know my target has seen very little testing so there could
well have been build bugs slip in since it was added.  What are the rules for
what provides the crt*.o objects on any given platform? Do you know what needs
to be defined to get gcc to build them?

Steve