Errors for armv5b-softfloat installation

Hello,
I am using crosstool for installing my cross compilation tools.

I was following the Quick start for installing to my applications.

I did execute the following command as a user:

#sh demo-armv5b-softfloat.sh

as my embedded target is an Xscale processor. Our vendor gave us some
software that used Timesys kernel and am trying to compile the source
code using Snapgear Linux and was in the process of installing the
cross compilation tools.

After some downloads and some installations, crosstool gave me this error:

scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:91: error: static declaration of
'current_menu' follows non-static declaration
scripts/kconfig/lkc.h:63: error: previous declaration of
'current_menu' was heremake[1]: *** [scripts/kconfig/mconf.o] Error 1
make: *** [oldconfig] Error 2
[root@localhost crosstool-0.40]#

I had to su to root as it was complaining about some permissions.

Did anybody see this kind of problem?

Thank you very much.