Re: the beauty of adding "--enable-add-ons=nptl" to glibc headers step

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, Dan Kegel wrote:

> On 2/22/06, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@mindspring.com> wrote:
> > which is precisely what that patch to crosstool.sh would have done
> > anyway.  and the glibc headers install *already* installs wordsize.h
> > in the right place, so *that* doesn't need to be done manually.
>
> There's some chance it was done manually to avoid a circular
> dependency, so don't celebrate until you have a full working script.

oh, i realize that there may be some subtleties going on underneath i
haven't noticed yet.  but *theoretically*, do my two previous points
make sense?

1) an absolutely standard installation of glibc headers should install
wordsize.h.  (i can't think of any persuasive reason why that file
would not be installed.)

2) if you *explicitly* select "--enable-add-ons=nptl" at configuration
time, then the NPTL-related header files should be installed as well.

  are there any good reasons why either of the above *shouldn't* be
true?

rday