RE: Current_menu error happens every time

On 06 February 2006 16:37, Khem Raj wrote:

> Sean Kelley wrote:
>> How do I get around this problem with the 2.6.8 kernel?  It is not
>> clear to me from the crosstool how-to that I can change the kernel used
>> in the scripts.
>>
> look at debian bug #323059 that might help. It is issue that came up in
> kernel when compiled with gcc4.x You can do two things 1. Keep using
> 2.6.8 kernel and use gcc 3.x instead of 4.x 2. Keep using gcc 4.x and use
> later version of kernel (e.g. 2.6.12 that works)

  Or just delete the word 'static' from the declaration in mconf.c at line 91.

  Or delete the declaration from the header altogether and add definitions elsewhere to those modules that need it.

Analysis:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/crossgcc/2005-09/msg00034.html

Possible patch:
http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2005-July/012200.html

  BTW, the simplest and quickest way to find out if an error you encounter has already been found and solved by others is to paste
the text of the error message into google.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22static+declaration+of+%E2%80%98current_menu%E2%80%99+follows+non-static%22&sourceid=mozilla-sear
ch&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official

    cheers,
      DaveK