Re: [discuss] Problem building cross compiler for x86_64

On 1/22/06, Manish Katiyar <mkatiyar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello friends,
>       My compiler is built but it is generating binaries only for 64
> bit machines. When i use -m32 switch it gives me error as follows.

Right.  Crosstool does not generate biarch compilers.
If you use crosstool to build a compiler that targets x86_64,
that compiler only targets x86_64, not i386...i686.

> Where do i need to change in the crosstool to make it work for both
> the architectures. I have edited the --disable-multilibs and made it
> --enable-multilibs

Sorry; I simply haven't added that yet.
But this isn't usually a problem, since you can just generate
two compilers, and choose between them instead of passing -m32.

- Dan