Re: crosstool: how to link with compiled glibc

On 12/6/05, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@mindspring.com> wrote:
> i think what you might be looking for is building with the "sysroot"
> option which, as i understand it (and i really hope i understand it
> since i'm using it in my script) is to generate the output directory
> structure with at least a passing resemblance to the beginning of a
> root filesystem for the target system, right?

Almost -- the sysroot option tells the compiler to *look* there,
not to put files there when being built.  Crosstool (or whoever
builds the compiler) has to arrange for the files to end up
in the sysroot.  (And crosstool doesn't quite do that -- the C++
libraries aren't in the sysroot it builds.)
- Dan

--
Why can't Johnny run Linux?  See http://kegel.com/linux/comfort