Re: What all should I take care while compiling and running?

Chuck Meade wrote:

Hi,
I created crosstool for arm-9tdmi-linux-gnu.  I compiled a simple program
using arm-9tdmi-linux-gnu-gcc.
(My target board has already  Kernel-2.6.10 and a compiler for older
versions of gcc & glibc)

I mount:  mount -o nolock,rsize=1500,wsize=1500 -t nfs
161.85.96.148:/home/pramod/crosstool  /mnt/test

Ive simply used ./a.out.
But its giving " sh:./a.out not found "
even when there is compiled a.out in /mnt/test.

Is the 'x' bit set? Is there a problem with nfs user/group perms?

cheers,
DaveK

I recently saw a problem with the same behavior. The issue is (likely) that
you are using a different compiler and glibc version for your app than the
rest of your target code was built with.

This is what is happening. It is glibc version only which causes these kind of problem
if you link your program statically then it should work ok. Have you tried that?

One strict approach that I found that solves this is:
Choose one compiler and build your kernel with it. Using the same
compiler and a glibc that is compatible with it (use the glibc that is built with it using crosstool), build all your user space code, including
your application.

That may be a bit too strict, but as I said I saw the same error and this fixes it. It may be that a less strict approach would work. You stated that your target board has a "compiler for older versions of gcc and glibc".
Is it safe to assume that this older toolset is what you built the rest
of your system with? I have not followed this thread closely, but did you
try building your app with that older compiler & glibc? Use the tools that
you built the rest of the system with, and see if you are having a
compatibility issue.

Chuck

-- Khem Raj <kraj@mvista.com> MontaVista Software, Inc. www.mvista.com