Re: what is mips_fp_le-gcc?

Elmar.Haag (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:

I try do crosscompile a source code for my Netgear Router
> which is running on a MIPS architecture.

Which one of the Netgear routers?

Sorry if this is an FAQ but I am pretty unpractised with cross-compiling ;-)

Maybe you also have little practise with asking, because it seems like you wouldn't want anyone to give any sane replies in the case you would like to produce the toolchain yourself or if this Netgear model is one of those using the Broadcomm MIPS boards, like the WGT634U :

-------------------- clip ----------------------------------
For this source code release, two toolchains are required:

1. A MIPS little-endian toolchain. For example,
   hndtools-mipsel-linux-3.0 from Broadcom Corporation. This
   toolchain is used to compile uClibc and Linux kernel.

2. A MIPS little-endian toolchain compiled with C++ and uClibc support.
   This toolchain is used to compile linuxigd. CPP_STAGING_DIR in
   Makefile must be modified to indicate the exact path of this
   toolchain.

Then, a "make" should suffice to build all GPL components of WGT634U.

Telling the exact router model cannot be forbidden by someone...

 The WGT634U case would be easy when also Linksys and Buffalo
use the same board and I remember the 'hndtools-mipsel-linux-3.0'
being included in the downloadable Linksys packages.