Re: Backtrace of naked functions

Hi,

We had a similar problem for our embedded x86 target. We use gdb-6.1,
and we also have no 'main'; we have, however, some other function which
marks the "topmost" level.

Because we use the stabs debugging format, we could simply link in
a module which defines a 'main stab'. gdb honors this stab type, and
treats the name given with this stab like 'main'. In particular,
backtraces stop at this function.

This may be restricted to the stabs debugging format, though, and it
won't help if you don't have such a "topmost" function.

Regards
D.Ruppert
ePS&RTS GmbH
dieter_ruppert@siemens.com