Re: crosstool bloat

Dave Korn wrote:
----Original Message----

From: David Karlton
Sent: 22 September 2005 15:04

Dave Korn wrote:

----Original Message----

Still have the bloat issue, but I *was* able to build the toolchain on
Fedora now (the issue with the glibc-2.3.2 configure script complaining
that my gcc 4.0.0 compiler was not acceptable).

So, this thread (crosstool bloat) is still an issue, but the "Building
on Fedora" issue has been resolved (though now there are posts on both
threads related to the bloat problem).

Try this patch: it looks like perhaps the best option of all, as it (IIUIC) eliminates the useage of a separate data *segment* within the text *section*, which is why the linker has to explicitly pad the placement and can't just let the loader do it.

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2005-05/msg00712.html

  With due thanks to Thiemo Seufer
(http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2005-09/msg00253.html)!

cheers, DaveK

FIXED.

No more 60k bloat.

As I postulated from the beginning, you guys are my heroes.

Thanks again.

dk