Re: How to generate a cross tool for my reqirement?

Yann wrote:
I selected demo-arm-xscale.sh and modified it as following:
eval `cat arm-xscale.dat  gcc-3.4.4-glibc-2.3.5.dat ` sh all.sh --notest
now, it is in building the toolchain.
Can this toolchain meet all my requirement? I am not sure where to
select threads option.
We use it to compile multithread applications run on 2.4.x kernel.Now,
what I want indeed, is to replace it with latest crosstool that can
support 2.6.x kernel, multithread, kernel build.... So,
demo-arm-xscale.sh with my choice of gcc-glibc will meet the
requirement.
further more, currently, we use another cross compiler to compile 2.4.x kernel:
gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)
So, I am looking for all-in-one cross compiler that can do both
kernel/app compiling for us.

It'll probably work. You'll have to try it out to know for sure. There may well be some glitches, but you'll never know until you try.

You might want to add --gdb to the arguments to all.sh in demo.sh,
it's nice to have a debugger.
- Dan