Re: crosstool-0.36 coming up soonish

Greetings,

(My contribution.. see end)

On 7/10/05, Robert Schwebel <robert@schwebel.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 03:27:10PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> > Because I'm trying to become an official gnu project.
>
> Ah, ok.
>
> > >It would result in a cleaned up top directory; contrary to what we have
> > >in PTXdist you probably only need one file per config, so it would just
> > >move the config files into a sub directory.
> >
> > Yes, but I ship crosstool with several hundred configs...
>
> Well, if you have the SVN repo ready I'll make a prototype
> in a branch ;) - that's better than discussing without code.

I was waiting for 0.26 before making any suggestion
about changing the directory structure, but..

The attached script (convert-structure)
puts files into the following directory structure...
  - ./config (the '.dat' files)
  - ./bin (shell scripts without demo scrips)
  - ./examples (current demo scripts)

The attached patch - crosstool-0.35-paths.patch
can then be used to adjust the paths in the various
scripts.

Comments? Is this useful?
Regards,
Paul