Re: crosstool and uClibc

Yann E. MORIN wrote:
Once upon a time (on Monday 04 July 2005 14:53), Dan Kegel wrote :
 > Yann E. MORIN wrote:
 > > checking for library containing strerror... configure: error: Link tests
 > > are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
 > > make: *** [configure-target-libiberty] Error 1
 > In this case, I looked a bit, and the magic value might be
 >   ac_cv_search_strerror="none required"
 >   export ac_cv_search_strerror

Well, indeed that solved the problem somewhat, but the next test fails, and
the next, and so on for every function that libiberty requires. So I have to
tell libiberty that all functions it requires really do exist. I either do
that by defining every ac_cv_search_* and ac_cv_func_* before calling
configure, which is a rather painfull method and in my opinion not the
right way to do it

Nope, it's the right way to do it. A little work with grep and the configure.ac file should produce a full list without much effort. Alternately, you could run configure natively and grab all the values that libiberty sets, and use them. - Dan